BarnAllen has an immediate need for General Clerk III(s) for its project located in Fairfax, VA. This position uses some subject-matter knowledge and judgment to complete assignments consisting of numerous steps varying in nature and sequence. The General Clerk III selects from alternative methods and refers problems not solvable by adapting or interpreting substantive guides, manuals, or procedures. Typical duties include: assisting in a variety of administrative matters; maintaining a wide variety of financial or other records (stored both manually and electronically); verifying statistical reports for accuracy and completeness; compiling information; and handling and adjusting complaints. The General Clerk III may also delegate assignments to other staff.
The qualified candidate will also be responsible for the following duties and/or functions:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of project details;
- Work closely with the production managers to ensure and document standard operating procedures that support data quality and production efficiency;
- Prepare templates in Microsoft Word for scanning, printing, mailing, and uploading as directed; and
- Be proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Must be able to lift up to 20lbs;
- Review output products and processes; comparing them against the project requirements, procedures, or specifications; and recommending corrective actions and/or process adjustments as needed.
- The candidate must have experience performing data entry functions;
- Must be able to understand transcribing procedures and relevant state-of-the-art data entry/computer equipment;
- Must be able to exercise experience in selecting documented procedures to follow in searching for, interpreting, selecting, or coding items to be entered from a variety of source documents; and
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products with excellent communication skills.
- The qualified candidate will have a minimum of a high school diploma (an Associate Degree is preferred) with a minimum of two years of related experience.